Ajith Kumar is celebrating his 51st birthday today on May 1.
Ajith Kumar is celebrating his 51st birthday today on May 1. The Tamil superstar is an example of an actor with a unique perspective of life. AK is one such celebrity who is not just appreciated for his versatility in films but also famous for his diverse hobbies in real life.
Ajith started his acting career with a small role in the 1990 Tamil Film ‘En Veedu En Kanavar’ and soon became the favourite of the Tamil audience. Since then, Valimai star’s ever-growing popularity made him rule over the Tamil film industry with numerous blockbusters.
As popular as his movies are, the songs in those films have accumulated an equal fan base. On his birthday, let us know about his hit songs that might take place in your classic playlist.
Actor Ajith Kumar celebrates his 51st birthday today, 1 May. Kumar began his career as a supporting actor in a Telugu film and shot to fame in 1995 with the Tamil thriller Aasai. Since then, the actor has worked in numerous films and established himself as one of the highest-paid actors in the Tamil film industry.
From romantic comedies to action thrillers and drama, Ajith Kumar has nailed every type of role. The actor has a devoted fan following, who are always eager for the next appearance of the Vedalam star.
As the actor turns 51, here is a list of some of his top performances:
1. Vaalee – Vaalee is a 1991 romance thriller film that stars Ajith Kumar and Simran in the titular role. The film revolves around the life of a young bride who finds an unusual antagonist in her husband’s twin brother. Ajith Kumar won the Filmfare South award for Best Actor in this film.
2. Kadhal Kottai– A 1996 romance drama film, Kadhal Kottai features Ajith Kumar and Devayani in the lead roles. The plot shows the love story between two strangers, Surya and Kamali (played by Ajith Kumar and Devayani respectively) after Surya sends back Kamali’s lost bag along with a letter.
3. Mankatha– Mankatha is a story of a suspended cop Vinayak, played by Ajith Kumar, who helps a group of four men rob betting money. However, troubles start when two of the men run away with cash even after agreeing to divide the loot equally. This action thriller is full of suspense and keeps one on their toes throughout.
4. Aasai– Aasai was Kumar’s big breakthrough in the Tamil film industry. This romance drama features Ajith Kumar in the lead role as Jeevanandham. The film is about a young man who is infatuated with his sister-in-law and tries to stop her affair with another young man.
5. Yennai Arindhal– Ajith Kumar played the role of a cop named Sathyadev in this 2015 crime drama film. As Satyadev tries to bust an organ trafficking racket, he discovers that the man who is operating the racket also killed his beloved partner.
Indain South Actor Ajith Kumar Wikipedia
|Full Name||Ajith Kumar|
|Age||51 years old (in 2022)|
|Date of Birth||1 May 1971|
|Birthplace||Secunderabad, Hyderabad, Telangana, India|
Ajith Kumar is an eminent Indian actor who predominantly appears in Tamil Movies. He is reognized as Thala of Tollywood Cinema and one of the highly paid actors of the country. He has received Tamil Nadu State Filmfare Kalaimamani Awards.
Ajith Kumar was born in Hyderabad, India on 1st May, 1971. He was born to Subramaniam and Mohini. He has two brothers named Anil Kumar and Anopp Kumar and two sisters.
In 1986 prior accomplishing his HSC, Ajith ousted out of Asan Memorial Senior Secondary School, Chennai. He initiated to date Shalini throughout the shoot of the film Amarkalam. In the year 1999, Ajith proposed Shalini and luckily she agreed. In the year 2000, Ajith Kumar married to Shalini and the couple was blessed with a son named Aadvik and a daughter named Anoushka.
Ajith Kumar made his trivial debut role with the movie En Veedu En Kanavar, which was released in the year 1990. His first movie was Amaravathi which was directed by renowned film director Selva. After his initial film, his back was badly injured and he underwent three operates. Ajith Kumar made his comeback after 2 years in Arvind Swamy’s movie titled Paasamalargal.
In 1995, he starred with his co-actor Vijay in the movie Rajavin Parvaiyile, though his major hit was Aasai. The movie ‘Aasai’ was produced and directed by Mani Ratnam and Vasanth respectively. The movie became a megahit and was admired by Tamil audience. In the year 1996, Ajith Kumar played a leading role in the movie titled Ullaasam which was produced by legendary actor Amitabh Bachchan and he paid him Rs.2 million for the movie.
In the year 1999, his double action thrilling movie titled Vaali became a major success. His movies like Anjaneya, Ennai Thalatta Varuavala and Jana failed to hit success whereas the movie Attagasam hit the Indian box office. After a longer time span, Ajith’s movies like Bila, Varalaru and Mankatha became biggest success and hit the Indian box office.
After the failure of the movie Billa II, Ajith Kumar made his comeback in Tollywood with a bang. His movies like Veeram, Arrambam, Vedalam, Yennai Arindhal and Vivegam earned immense success on Indian box office.
By way of his marriage to famous actress Shalini, he became brother-in-law of actress Shamili and actor Richard Rishi, Shamili was his sister in the movie Kandukondain Kandukondain produced by Rajiv Menon.
Ajith Kumar is an Indian actor who works predominantly in Tamil cinema. To date, Ajith has starred in over 50 films. Among his awards include four Vijay Awards, three Cinema Express Awards, three Filmfare Awards South and three Tamil Nadu State Film Awards. In addition to his acting, he is also a motor car racer and participated in the MRF Racing series. He began his career with a small role in the 1990 Tamil film En Veedu En Kanavar. He established himself as a romantic hero with Kadhal Kottai, Aval Varuvala and Kadhal Mannan, and established himself as an action hero starting with film Amarkalam. Ajith’s dual portrayal of twin brothers—where one is deaf-mute—in S. J. Surya’s Vaali won him his first Filmfare Award for Best Tamil Actor. He earned critical acclaim for his dual role performance in the vigilante film Citizen.
Ajith Kumar Gallery, Photos
Ajith Kumar Career
Profession: Actor, Racer
Tamil: En Veedu En Kanavar (1990)
Bollywood: Aśoka (2001)
Salary: 25-30 crore/film (INR)
Net Worth: $2 million
Family & Relatives
Father: Parameshwar Subramaniam
Mother: Mohini Mani
Brother(s): Anoop Kumar (Stockbroker), Anil Kumar
Sister(s): 2 (both died at a very young age)
Marital Status: Married
Wife: Shalini Ajith (Actress)
Son(s): Aadvik Ajith (b. 2015)
Daughter(s): Anoushka Ajith (b. 2008)
Shalini Ajith (Actress)
Facts You Never Knew About Ajith Kumar!
- Is Ajith Kumar addicted to smoking?: Not Known
- Is Ajith Kumar alcoholic?: Not Known
- Ajith belongs to a Hindu family.
- He is a proficient car racer.
- Ajith Kumar has contributed in numerous car racing championships all through his career, explicitly the Formula BMW Asia Championship 2003, Formula Maruti Indian Championships 2002, Formula 2 Championship 2010 and FIA Formula Two Championship 2010.
- He is a passionate follower of Sai Baba.
- At first, he was employed as a salesperson for a local garment export factory.
- Ajith rejected the movies Ghajini, Khaaka Khaaka and Nandha for which the directors featured Suriya.
- In the year 2004, he was contracted as a brand ambassador of Nescafe.
- Ajith incurred certain debts after a glitch in reaching corporate success, resulting in him taking up motor sports and gained a lot of modelling opportunities.
- Ajith Kumar was a salesman in a garment export company before he rose to stardom. A report on Behindwoods.com states that Thala Ajith was headed for corporate success when the company suddenly went bust.
Ajith Kumar Twitter
Happy Birthday Ajith Kumar | – YouTube
Valimai Official Trailer | Ajith Kumar | Yuvan Shankar Raja